Monday, April 25, 2011

Shopping with Grandma


I don’t get to spend too much time with my grandma but I was home for Easter this weekend so we had breakfast at her favorite restaurant, the Waffle House, and then did a little shopping at her favorite thrift store. My grandma can thrift with the best of them even at 84 years old. She has her own frequent buyer card and she even commented that spending $5 on a dress was a little excessive.  I think she wanted me to haggle with the pricing! To her anything more then $1 is just plain overpriced.

I wish I had captured some of our shopping moments from the day on film…my grandma carefully inspecting each shirt, my husband rolling his eyes as I tried to convince him just how awesome a John Wayne painting was, my eyes lighting up at the site of a vintage Samsonite carry on bag and at the end of the day, my husband resting on the thrift store couches.  

Here are a few of the items I found on our shopping excursion….

This is the amazing Samsonite bag that I found. The cashier said this bag was in their front window for months until I came along. I don't understand how anyone could've passed this up! I am definitely having some reservations about selling it though. I need to start lugging my laptop around and I think this would be perfect. Hmmmmm…decision, decisions.


And a few dresses…..


Most of these things will be up on etsy in the next few days. I'll keep you posted! Have a great week! 

1 comment: