Monday, May 2, 2011

Lots of New Developments!


Things have been quite busy over the last few weeks and I’m excited to share some news! As a young breast cancer survivor I can’t tell you how happy I am about the opportunities that have just been presented to me. I was just invited to be part of the volunteer planning staff for a breast cancer fundraiser called Beats for Boobs – a fun collaboration of art, music and fashion. I’ve been involved with this amazing organization for a few years as a model in their fashion show and have baked boobie cupcakes for the event. I am also lucky to be able to call many of the amazing ladies on the staff my friends.  I’ll be working as the Event Coordinator/right hand woman for their 3 events – in SF, LA and Seattle and I couldn’t be more honored to be a part of something so special!


Also, through my connections at Beats for Boobs, I was just hired at the Breast Cancer Emergency Fund which is a non-profit social service organization that provides emergency financial assistance to low-income women and men of San Francisco and San Mateo County who are in active treatment for breast cancer. After working for seven years at an art gallery, it is such a breath of fresh air to know that I will actually be helping people in need for a cause that is very dear to my heart.

I'll be dividing my time between Cowboy Jack Vintage, B4B, BCEF as well as the little part time job I decided to keep with the frameshop. WHOA! So I have a lot to do! :) I should get started.....

Have a good week everyone! 

1 comment: