Monday, April 4, 2011

Things I Want...


Every few months I have a new wardrobe obsession. I’ll see something on a blog, in a store or on the street and immediately know that I MUST have it.  It’ll stay in the back of my mind until I figure out where to find it or in most cases, save up enough money to get it. I once fell in love with a pair of boots that I couldn’t afford on a visit to Baltimore. I thought about those boots every day for three months after that trip until I just couldn’t take it any more. I had to do some research to figure out the name of the store but I finally found them and bought the last pair in stock!  It was a joyous day!

Right now there are a few things I have been dying to add to my wardrobe but now that I am unemployed (happily I might add), it’ll probably take me a little longer to buy them. 

Number One. A pair of colorful shoes. Except for my boots, most of my shoes, although stylish, are pretty boring colors….black, grey, brown. I would love to own a colorful pair of shoes like these….
Right photo: Nick and Nessie's Vintage; Left Photo: jlinsnider on etsy
Number Two. My biggest obsession right now is finding a pair of sailor pants. I used to own a pair in college but they were too big and as much as I tried to wear them and make it work, I just swam around in them. One day I finally admitted that they just didn’t fit and gave them away. I just found these on etsy. Hmmmm....maybe I’ll get them when my unemployment checks kick in.
Available at hillbillyfilly on etsy
And finally, Number three. Bright colored tights. If you have ever been to San Francisco, you know the weather is pretty moderate year round. Not too hot, not too cold. I think tights are a must have here. Not only can they spice up any outfit but they can keep you warm on those days when it's sunny and you really want to wear a dress but it’s on the cooler side. 
Left available at Mod Cloth; Right available at Hue

I'll be daydreaming about all of the above for the foreseeable future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment