Friday, April 1, 2011

Sunshine Safari!


It has been unseasonably warm here the last few days. I’m talking in the 80s. Knowing that it was going to be another scorcher today, I already decided on my outfit for the day before going to bed last night. It’s one of my favorite summer dresses. When I was getting ready, I realized that every item of clothing that I was going to put on was a thrift store find so I thought I would document it in a blog!

I have nicknamed this my safari outfit. The dress has a jungle scene across the bottom complete with palm trees and a lion.

There’s also this little guy whose species is unknown!

The sweater could use a little TLC…..one of the seams is coming undone but luckily it’s not too visible. The gladiatior sandals are faux snakeskin. 


All of the above cost me somewhere around $30, maybe even a little less.

This outfit epitomizes why I love thrift and vintage store shopping….I’m positive no one else is wearing this today and it didn’t cost me an arm and a leg to put it together.





2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love ya! The critter is a meerkat. I love that the leo is wearing her pride... Seriously you have to style me!!!!

    ReplyDelete